Friday 24 June 2016

Delicious Gooey Brownies


Do you ever eat something and keep going back for more?  Well these brownies are what you are reaching for.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of them after I had cut them but this is what they looked like after I took them out of the oven.

The first time I made these I took them to school with me.  I gave them to my friends and ever since they have been hooked on them.  I make them about once a month and able to give away a couple of brownies per friend.

They taste better the day after you make them and they can last up to 5 days in an airtight container.

The past few times I have made these brownies I have used relatively cheap canola oil.  DON'T use cheap oil.  The oil made the brownies taste pretty bad.  I had to cover up the taste of the oil by adding more sugar, vanilla, and coco powder.  I have learned my lesson now.  My advice; go for organic unflavored oil such as canola or vegetable oil.

Mix the oil and sugar together

Add all the eggs and vanilla extract.

In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the dry ingredients.  I sifted the ingredients but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Combine all ingredients.  This is what the batter should look like.  
NOTE:  Sometimes I have to add milk or a little more oil in so the batter isn't too thick.  

Brownies

1 3/4 cups sugar                                                
1 cup flour                                                  
1/2 teaspoon salt                                            
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup coco powder
1 cup unflavored oil
4 eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease a 2 x 9 x 13 inch pan.

Mix oil and sugar together.  Add eggs and vanilla extract.  Stir to combine.

In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the dry ingredients.  Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to combine.

Pour into greased pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.  NOTE:  If you don't like your brownies gooey add another 5-10 minutes or put a toothpick in and see if it comes out clean.

Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting into it.  Add desired garnishing or leave plain.

Makes about 24 3x3 inch brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment