Tuesday 7 June 2016

Anthology of Poems

Anthology of Poems
By:  Meilang Lo

Oops
The fire is lit.
The marshmallows are roasting.
Oops, they are ablaze.


The Girl
There once was a girl from overseas
she ended up getting a disease.
She wanted stay
but was sent away,
I asked to see her, please.


Childhood Friend
There once was a girl.
She was my very best friend
ever since first grade.
Then I left and she moved on
to a girl who was like me.


The Night
The day has drawn to an end
and the Night has arrived.
The stars and moon shine brightly
in the distant sky.
The wind is ferocious
causing the trees to twist and turn.
My hair flies around my head
slapping my fase as a hand would.
I cringe as I push back
the memories which have haunted me.

I look down
at the water below me.
It tosses and churns
as it hits the edge of the cliff.
The sounds travels to my ears
as I close my eyes.

I say to the wind, the moon and stars, and the water—
the Night has come…
“Goodbye”


Winter,Summer
Winter
White,chilly
Snowing, darkening, sledding
Carols, eggnog, stories, cocktails
Blazing, brightening, bicycling
Colorful, hot
Summer


Storm
The wind howls
and the thunder growls.
The lightening strikes
and the rain falls in fright.
The storm has a mind of its own.
It continues on with its moan. 


King of the Sky
Eagles
Fast, cunning
Soaring, hunting, devouring
Masters of the sky
Accipitrid


Autumn
Leaves are turning yellow.
They fall softly from the trees.
Autumn has begun.


No comments:

Post a Comment